Before you start using your own domains you should set up their A-records to the corresponding IP-addresses of virtual servers you've created on Digital Ocean. Without this set up you won't be able to use your domains.
This basic step by step guide can be applied for almost all domain register sites. Do the following:
- Enter the control panel of the service where you’ve bought your domains
- Find the desired domain and find DNS parameters setting or something similar
- If you find preset A-records you should delete it
- Press add new record button
- Select A-record for the record type
- Type IP-address in the IP field. You can find the list of IPs of your servers under the menu tab Websites > Servers.
- Type @ symbol in the Host field
- Save your settings
- Wait while DNS is updated. You have to wait from 10 minutes to 48 hours depending on the TTL setting for your domain set by the domain registrar.
Here’s the example on how to do this in Namecheap.com